Letter carriers

Discussions about past, current and future events about Mankato and the surrounding area

Letter carriers

Postby Grandma » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:59 pm

Does anyone out there know if carriers are allowed to talk on their cell phones while delivering mail? I would say at least twice a month, sometimes more often, we get some else's mail. Perhaps if they concentrated more on their jobs instead of chatting, this wouldn't happen so often. How many other people can talk on the phone...personal calls...all day long, make mistakes, and still get paid? Honestly, I would like to know.
Grandma

Re: Letter carriers

Postby Linda » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:32 pm

Grandma wrote:Does anyone out there know if carriers are allowed to talk on their cell phones while delivering mail? I would say at least twice a month, sometimes more often, we get some else's mail. Perhaps if they concentrated more on their jobs instead of chatting, this wouldn't happen so often. How many other people can talk on the phone...personal calls...all day long, make mistakes, and still get paid? Honestly, I would like to know.

I don't know the protocol on this but maybe the carrier is talking to the home office.

Anyway, if you get someone's bill don't pay it!.... :roll:
Linda

Postby intrinsically safe » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:45 pm

My wife works for the post office, and no they are not supposed to. At least on the rural side. The city side is a different union.
They are supposed to pull over.
intrinsically safe

Postby Dave » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:46 am

Grandma wrote:Does anyone out there know if carriers are allowed to talk on their cell phones while delivering mail? I would say at least twice a month, sometimes more often, we get some else's mail. Perhaps if they concentrated more on their jobs instead of chatting, this wouldn't happen so often. How many other people can talk on the phone...personal calls...all day long, make mistakes, and still get paid? Honestly, I would like to know.

Of course they can talk on their cell phone while delivering mail. Oh, misdelivered mail is nothing new. It has happened since the Pony Express days.
******************ATTENTION: There is another forum, with a sharper edge to it: The Big Mouth Forum ! Check it out today: http://thebigmouthforum.com
Dave

Postby Linda » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:08 pm

Does anyone remember when the Postal workers started a slow-down strike for a pay raise?... ;)
Linda

Postby Kevin » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:19 pm

Hell, I get someone else's quite often, and I pick mine up right at the post office.
Kevin

Return to Mankato Issues and Discussion